What does the Westchester Health Department want from me?
At Westchester Food Safety we are not connected with the health department however we do provide a service that the Westchester Health Department requires. We do not give advice on issues related to matters related to their field of expertise. Westchester Food safety is up to date in accordance to the Food Managers Safety Certification required by law and Westchester County and many of it’s surrounding areas.
At Westchester Food Safety we can know first hand what it is like having a visit from the health Department. Knowledge of Food safety is an important tool in creating a quick and easy visit by your local health department inspector. Food Safety and the security of your establishment is their first priorty which in hand should be the goal of us the food establishment.
Here are some great links that may be useful. Please feel free to call them as they are very helpful.
To find out about the Westchester Health Department food safety requirements in regards to classes such as our Food manager’s safety Servsafe protection exam check out: www.health.westchestergov.com/sanitation
Important Phone Numbers
- Westchester County Health Department: Food borne illness complaints, public health complaints and 24 hour emergency phone line (914) 813-5000
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Complaints: (425) 483-4949
- National Meat and Poultry Hotline: (800) 535-4555
- New York State Restaurant Association: (800) 452-5212
- New York State Department of Health: (800) 458-1158
For more info contact www.westchesterfoodsafety.com